It Has Come To My Attention...


...that I ROCK!


Wooo! Thank you to a new bloggin' buddy, Vegas Princess, who chose me an' my ol' blog with this awesome award! Her blog is wonderfully written about life in Las Vegas; from "Fun in the Convertible" (one of my favorite posts) to her experiences at the Emmy Awards (that's right, I said "Emmy"....uh huh!)

But I wonder; how does someone like me "Rock"? I don't think I've EVER been told I "Rock" before.

No.

Wait.

I'm wrong.

My teenage daughter once told me. Yeah, I remember now.

She wanted money. Or clothes. She definitely was buttering me up for something -- and we WERE at the mall...

Anyway, when I think of rockin' girls, this sprang to mind:



Then this popped in to swiftly take it's place. An older girl woman amongst rocks - yeah, that's me:


Ah, whatever! What's important is that I have had the extreme pleasure to read the experiences of so many other wonderful female bloggers. Even though it was tough to choose, here are five *I* think "Rock" and are therefore deserving of this award as well. Congrats to you all!

1) Jill @ Twipply Skwood: With a wry sense of humor that I can relate to, Jill keeps me laughing at life's ups and downs. NOT your average Sunday School teacher...

2) Funny Thing @ Toxic Soup: FT is a Brit blogger I stumbled upon when I first began this hobby. Her unique style and outlook on life is, in fact a Funny Thing indeed!

3) Mz Jackson @ Coffee with Ms Jackson: A fairly new bloggin' buddy, MJ also shares a common style and I can totally relate to situations she blogs about. Case in point: I LOVE her post "13 Signs You Have A Teenagers In The House".

4) PI Fredricks @ Small and Big: Her posts are great examples of her skill as an excellent writer. Witty and intelligent, PI's posts are a treat to read.

5) Melissa @ Strawberry Fields Forever: An inspiration and friend in my scrapbooking circle, Melissa blogs about a wide variety of topics, and always has a scrumptious recipe or two to share!

Thank you Vegas Princess for this high royal honour and the opportunity to pass it on to even more deserving female bloggers!

7 People would rather be commenting:

Maureen said...

Debbi said...
Congrats on the ROCKIN award. You deserve it. I love your blog.

5/7/07 08:14

Maureen said...

Jill said...
Awwww THANKS Maureen! Your blog is one of my favorites too! So I put on the button & choose 5, is that how it works?

5/7/07 09:56

Maureen said...

You're very welcome, Jill...yes, that's the plan, apparently!

And thanks Debbi!

5/7/07 11:02

Maureen said...

P.L. Frederick said...
Yippee!

This is the first time I've been told I rock—either in the blogosphere or in the lifeosphere. So I'd like to take a moment to thank some nifty women: dear Maureen at Stale Coffee, who inspires others each and every day and who adds an artistic "M" to the bottom of each of her postings and I might steal the idea; my mother, who borned me; my manager, should I ever get one... (orchestra pit plays loudly) ...AND TO... (microphone cuts off)

P.L. Frederick (waving kisses)
Small and Big

5/7/07 11:26

Maureen said...

LOL!!! PL you kill me!

5/7/07 12:35

Maureen said...

melissa said...
you definitely are one rockin blogger and I am so honored that you listed me :) thank you

12/7/07 04:48

Maureen said...

Vegas Princess said...
I am so behind in my commenting (sorry!) I am just seeing this now. Thank you so much for that warm recognition and I stand true to my devotion...you do indeed rock!

15/7/07 23:29

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Yeah, I should be doing laundry, yardwork, cleaning the house or planning meals. But frankly, I'D RATHER BE BLOGGING... about things like this.

Wanna know more?
Click the "About Me" tab above.

Wanna read more?
Click below for the Archives.


Subscribers

Subscribe in a Reader

Subscribe in a reader

Or enter your email address:


MY ART BLOG:



Alltop