A Tale Of Horror

Just in time for Halloween comes a tale of sheer horror.

A story filled with destruction and the stench of rotting flesh surely to plunge you into the cold depths of despair and turn your blood to ice.

The account of a demise at the tender age of 27 that has touched each and every member of this family.

RIP FreezerYes, our freezer gave up the ghost. Died. Perished. Pushing up the daisies. Gone to that big appliance heap in the sky. It is an un-freezer.

Hundreds of dollars of meat, veges, fruit and yes, even chocolates and ice cream from four years ago transformed into a bloody, soggy mess. Not a pretty picture for the faint of heart or those with a weak constitution.

The cleanup was nauseating and hauling the behemoth from it's basement home left it's mark.

Marks on the steps, gouges in the bannister, scrapes in the flooring and a new hole the wall.

Destruction everywhere.







On the bright side, I now have enough Tupperware to open my own store.





12 People would rather be commenting:

Irene said...

I love Tupperware when it is clean and empty and all matched up with it's lids, but where to put it all, right? Do they still give Tupperware parties? I never hear about them in the Netherlands.

Jill said...

:-( :-( :-(

That must be why there's only a bag of coffee and a bag of edamame beans in my freezer...

Curly Glamour Girlie said...

I find it deliriously poetic that your freezer died around Halloween. That's just too funny.

Stacey said...

That is a horror story!

On the plus side I sure hope you get a groovy new freezer that is so technologically advanced it will cook your dinners for you.

toners said...

Definitely a scary story! Enjoy your freezer shopping! And Happy Halloween!

NH Yocal said...

I am so sorry for your loss. We will keep you and your lost food in our thoughts. Just remember the good times. My frig brings me happy memories everyday. I would hate to lose it.

Maureen said...

Irene: Unfortunately, the only time I have "matching lids" is when the Tupperware is new. After that, they must either hide or run away from home.

Jill: What are edamame beans? I'll have to Google that one...

CGG: Yeah, it was kinda freaky... I wish it would have happened in winter; at least then we could have moved everything to the garage to keep it frozen.

Worker Mommy: I wish! We ARE contemplating a stand up this time, so it will be nice not to fall into the thing trying to reach the stuff on the bottom...

Toners: Thanks, and hope you had a Happy Halloween too!


:) Melinda! Thanks for the condolences and keeping us in your thoughts... ah the good times. Yes, the turkey leftovers, gravy, and yams from 2003... the boxes of unopened chocolates... I even found a homemade pie that I have no idea who gave it to us or when.

Perhaps it was a good thing it died. Forced us to purge....

The Egel Nest said...

Funny...I think you saw my Tupperware blog the other day...

I love the phrase...gave up the ghost...firs the remote...now the freezer...sucks to be technology in your house!


Bradley
The Egel Nest

Cupcake Blonde said...

Oh yuck, I can smell the carnage from here.

Janet said...

Oh, my! I cannot even imagine what a mess that must have been. Hey -- we have a stand-up freezer in the garage that we don't use. It's never even been plugged in. I could mail it to you, full of locust pods. Could prolly throw in some Tupperware lids at no extra charge. LMK if you're interested. ;-) Janet

Maureen said...

LOL Janet!!! As a matter of fact, I just got a call tonight from my Godmother (my aunt) who also has a stand-up freezer she is trying to get rid of (my mom told her of our woes). Being alone now, she has no use for it.... so guess who gets a new freezer!!! Yay! She doesn't want anything for it, but I am determined to get her something in return.

Wow, family.... they are the greatest....

But I WILL miss those locust pods and lids, Janet... thanks for the offer (I may have just taken you up on it) ;)

One of us definitely has to move closer to the other my on-line sister.

Canadian flake said...

so sorry for your loss...remember your freezer isn't suffering and has gone to a better place now..lmao

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Yeah, I should be doing laundry, yardwork, cleaning the house or planning meals. But frankly, I'D RATHER BE BLOGGING... about things like this.

Wanna know more?
Click the "About Me" tab above.

Wanna read more?
Click below for the Archives.


Subscribers

Subscribe in a Reader

Subscribe in a reader

Or enter your email address:


MY ART BLOG:



Alltop